My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find several different part numbers for seat covers.
Which cover do I need for my D140 yard tractor?
thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ask you JD dealer and you will get the correct answer. You do not have to buy one from him but he will know. Remember if you are shopping the internet that you need to add shipping cost to anything you buy which may or may not make the dealership cheaper. Roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great advice Rog-thanks.
I went to visit the dealer and picked up a catalog for what accessories fit what tractors in the D100 series.
They have 2 seat covers for my particular model. The cheaper one is 6 bucks more at the dealer and the expensive one is 20 bucks more.
The Home Depot price is delivered to the store, so I can save about 15 to 20 bucks on the seat cover and the mulch discharge blocker over what the dealer would charge.
thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer vs. Big Box....

We read that the quality of the tractors sold via the big box stores is often inferior to those sold at the Dealerships. It that phenomenon seen with the accessories as well or are they of identical quality? If the Dealers are soaking the customers for accessories I'll just get mine down the street at the Home Depot / Lowe's etc..

It might be a good idea to take the knock-off add ons off before bringing the tractor back to the Dealer for service or repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts