My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going out on a limb here, I hope not to insult any craftman folkes. I cant leave well enough alone. I like to play and alter things. That comes from being a body man since I was 16. Same with cars,trucks and tractors. Actually, I do enjoy restoring things to its original state also.
here are some pics of my crafts-N mower.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115521...like?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7V1MabgtTwzwE&feat=email

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Offended? Yea, whatever!

I want to how how to place an order! :D That is some nice work, I had a craftsman and still have an 8N and I think thats cool. I always find stuff like that inspiring and makes me want to open up the garage and get started. :)

It looked like a modified 8N doghouse, what did you use for the rear fenders?

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The hood is a original N hood (cut down to size) the fenders are from a BF Avery that I have setting in my bone yard.
Original N steering wheel. I have a fabbed 3 point hitch for the rear, I need to get it installed. Its a good working mower, I like it. A man gave it to me to haul off. he said the trans is out! actually the left key-way was gone from the axls. "the hunt, the find is the fun"

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
"the hunt, the find is the fun"
That is so true, I have more fun finding stuff, but once I have it I realize, wow, now I have to work on it and make it look nice again! But boy is it worth it in the end :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Offended? Yea, whatever!

I want to how how to place an order! :D That is some nice work, I had a craftsman and still have an 8N and I think thats cool. I always find stuff like that inspiring and makes me want to open up the garage and get started. :)

X2!! Wow very impressed!! I have a few customers wit hthese full size machines! I love the look of it!

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
X2!! Wow very impressed!! I have a few customers wit hthese full size machines! I love the look of it!
Thanks Ericjr,, I appriciate that very much. This all started off with a older lawn mower, I switched everything over to the Craftsman and gained a working tractor w/ hydro shift.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice! You do some great work. I just don't have the patience to do that kind of project.
Thanks Brad, I enjoy tinkering (as I call it) what blow's me away are these guys that build a actual miniature tractor to lawn mower size, with trike front ends. Im not a machinest, and I think a person needs to be to accomplish the show room projects.:2th:

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a pic that I have posted a couple times on mytractorforum.com it is the first n-mower attempt, I merged the old mower onto the Craftsman because of the convenience's, mower deck and hydro trans. Thought maybe my wife ,kids or maybe grandkids might help with the mowing! WRONG! they say Im to picky:sidelaugh

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
DrBailey, your welcome! Your work is AWESOME!! Love the old school look of it!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Nice!!!!

Looks like alot of hard work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts