My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I mess around with older Garden Tractors as a hobby & just bought my first commercial mower to join the fleet. It's an older Scag SWZ-14KH. I've always wanted a walk-behind I could get a sulky / jungle wheels for and this one was really cheap from a guy who wanted to get it out of his way b/c he didnt' have time to mess with it due to his main job, side landscaping business & owning rental properties. I guess he bought it in a bulk sale from a landscaper who went out of business. I know the motor runs great & starts easy, but he didn't try to test any of the ground or blade drives. Being that I didn't know anything about it and for the price I said I'd take it and if it needs work I'll go from there.

I downloaded the user / parts manual from Scag but it's not very detailed. What should I do before I try the drive units, if anything? I'm thinking maybe I should change the hydrostatic fluid?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks Brad. I found in the Operator Manual that they call for using 30W detergent motor oil, but like you said I'll need to know more in detail how to do it. I also need to find out if the filter should be replaced with a factory unit or if their after-market ones available cheaper or better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts