My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
A young man gave me this cart a couple days ago, antique wheels and his Dad built the rest to cart his trash cans to the curb.
I can see a future for this home built "table"
Im thinking that it could be a light weight welding table!?
what do you think? Good idea? or any other suggestions.
We have time to thrash it out, I cant start on it for a while.
I really like the wheels, but I promissed Wil that I would not scrap it out of respect for his Dad.

Attachments

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
I can see a lot of uses. Maybe a portable potting bench for putting your garden in when Spring comes along, planting shrubs or trees, welding bench as you mentioned, a portable work bench when you can't get your project into the garage.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can see a lot of uses. Maybe a portable potting bench for putting your garden in when Spring comes along, planting shrubs or trees, welding bench as you mentioned, a portable work bench when you can't get your project into the garage.
those are good ideas, actually I think it will work for all the above. good thoughts Brad

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That looks like one heavy duty cart!

I especially like the Case in the background! :cool:

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks like one heavy duty cart!

I especially like the Case in the background! :cool:
thanks Austen, im having a problem with the carb at this time, it has a MMM and a hydraulic tiller

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It sure looks like it's in nice shape! :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
:idea: I had an idea when I was out in the Florida cold....Is it strong enough to be a a portable firewood cart? :dunno:

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:idea: I had an idea when I was out in the Florida cold....Is it strong enough to be a a portable firewood cart? :dunno:
Sure I think so, it might be better if it had balloon tires though. I dont burn wood though. my fire place is gas, wonder what it would do if I threw a log in there?:sidelaugh:dunno:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
:idea:

It reminds me somewhat of the old tire racks the garages would roll out in the morning and put back inside at night. You could make it into a display for your garage with some old wide white walls, some wood and/or metal spoke rims.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
:idea:

It reminds me somewhat of the old tire racks the garages would roll out in the morning and put back inside at night. You could make it into a display for your garage with some old wide white walls, some wood and/or metal spoke rims.
wish I had some OLD white wall tires for my gas station.
I havnt gotten any work done on the welding table yet, I spent this past week working on my roll back wrecker.:help: maybe next week:idea:

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I gained a bunch on it today, its ready to go to the sand-blaster , then final table top welded on and primed
and painted. uh, not the table top painted!! but the rest of it. Pics are being saved and ready to share soon.:pics:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice work! I like the idea of it being portable.

What color(s) do you have in mind for it?

Thanks for posting the build!

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work! I like the idea of it being portable.

What color(s) do you have in mind for it?

Thanks for posting the build!
Im not sure of the color yet, I thought maybe JD colors and also 8-N colors, the red would match the welder and small tool box in my shop.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the welding about 95 percent done. Im taking it to the sand blaster this morning. I bought the table top steel and a couple other pieces yesterday.
Hopefully I will paint it this week end. If the bake oven (spray booth) is not tied up this week end. BTW, the booth is @ Ozark Auto Body & sales inc, here in town.:ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
As much as I like the green and yellow scheme, I think the red or red and black would be more forgiving to the dirt and weld/soot burns. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Looks like you have her just about rapped up! What are the large washer looking things by the hose reel?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts