My Lawnmower Forum banner

rim height vs. tire pressure

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Pocketraisins 
#1 ·
Im about at my wits end with my father about this, i need some advice. my father believes that rim height measurement is more important than factory tire pressure on his exmark lazerZ 23hp rider. i was told 22yrs ago that factory tire pressure is more important when it comes to cut-quality. he has 15 lbs of pressure in his left rear drive tire, 11lbs in his right drive tire. plus compensating for this by adjusting the 4 chains that hold the deck up. when on slopes his right rear tire buckles, and his front right tire goes up into the air. i believe he changed the center of gravity on his rider, making it tip-easy. i told him that 13 and a half pounds is where his riders tires are set at from the factory. please help!!! am i misled on this?:help:

#3 ·
Welcome!

I'm not familiar with them either but I would be keeping the tire pressures equal on both sides as already mentioned unless the manufacture states to do otherwise.

#5 ·
I agree with manufacturers specs. If they aren't stated in the manual(s) which is a rarity, I would at least go by the PSI rating on the side of the tire.

Common sense tells me if they weren't rated to be filled with the same pressure, they wouldn't have the cold PSI rating stamped on the side of the tires. I prefer a firm tire when cutting the yard, but I also go a little slower to keep from jarring my kidneys out of my nostrils. If the tires are too soft, the decks dig in or I get a lot of bounce like riding a bronco in a rodeo. Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.