My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just got a MTD made Craftsman lawn tractor which someone really messed with the wiring in. I am not sure which model it is but I'm assuming the wiring is pretty similar in most of these tractors.

I used paint and some images to draw up how I think it should be wired in but figured I would post it here to see if anyone can point out anything wrong before I fry something.

Wireing.jpg

·
Administrator
6,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum batten! :howdy:

Only thing that jumped out at me is you will need a rectifier or a regulator/rectifier IC between the stator coil and the battery to convert the AC from the coil to DC for the battery. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mark, I knew I would forget something. Also thanks for the welcome, and most important thanks for not making fun of the crude diagram.

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
Nothing to make fun of, actually, one of the best diagrams I've seen. Clever use of photos and line drawing.

Welcome to the group, hope to hear more from you on how the re-wiring goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bwdbrn1

You will deffinetly hear a bit more from me, I picked up this mower as a project and it's in pretty rough shape. so I will require a bit more help along the way. Also I was wondering if there was a projects page where I can show my progress to anyone who might care to look.

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
There's a Painting and Restoration forum here, but I think you can just start with a new thread here or in the Craftsman section, or just add to this one if you wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts