My Lawnmower Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hope Im not counting my chickens before they hatch! BUT , My Son and Daughter met with a potential wrecker driver today , they liked him, I will have the last say, Friday at 10:30 we will meet. If its a go, I will ride with him for a week. He knows the area, he is a layed off FedEx driver and he drove wreckers in CA.. Wish me luck guys, retirement might be much sooner then I planed.:party

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
:ROFL I wouldnt make a very good drivers training guy.
He made me a nervouse wreck, He seems to be a good young man, and he does need a job. He is not a truck driver, if he worked on a wrecker before,he must have been a passenger. He did tell a good story to get a try out and he didnt stop talking for two days.
No hard feeling, infact I feel bad for him, but I cant turn my trucks over to a no common sence person.
Im headed to the garage , working on two projects today, paint one and install a trans axle in another.:pics::pics:

·
Founding Administrator
1,276 Posts
Yes, right turns. Not only save gas but prevent exposure to accidents. I do the same thing when routing deliveries for our trucks. If I have a choice between right and left turn then using the light to go straight the other direction, I route them that way.

Good luck, Doc.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
update, This past Friday my Family gave me a pre-retirement party at the body shop, everyone and anyone invited. It was a walk in anytime party beginning at 11 am to 5pm.Friends dropped in all day, Family from out of town came in, a phone call for me, it was Ken n TX, he was wishing me a happy retirement, I look at the door,there was Donna and Ken N TX with a phone in his ear. BIG surprise. they drove from 3am that morning to about noon to be there with me. they and my kids cooked that deal up.
Then :dunno: i didnt know!! The Harrison City Chamber of Commerce show up for a ribbon cutting for the new management. wow, everyone had me fooled or in the dark on this one.
Later in the evening Ken and wife/me and wife went to the Dixie Restaurant and had a meal then hung out looking @ my tractor and car toys.Good visiting with great people.
Well I still need to hire a driver, he will come along soon.
BTW, last night my wife was taking me to Branson,Mo to tha OutBack for dinner. she said she forgot her gidt card so she whiped into our church driveway, then I seen mf Families cars! Well, we had a big Birthday Party for me,a pre-birthday, it is Wed. the way I see it , next week might be boreing. lol

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.