My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a meeting with my children this morning, I explained that I would like to be retired atleast by my next Birthday,05-08-13. they feel like that would be a good idea.
I have enough waiting projects to keep me out of trouble.:ThumbUp:

BTW , my auto Body and wrecker service is a Family bussiness, three of my kids actuall are running the bussiness.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congrats!!!! :bravo: :party

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Congratulations!

Way to go, I'm happy for you Doc!

Now we can see what you are going to use that welding table for. ;)

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations!

Way to go, I'm happy for you Doc!

Now we can see what you are going to use that welding table for. ;)
:sidelaugh thanks, just makeing room for other things to do, know what I mean?:2th:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Congratulations! Well deserved. Time to kick back and enjoy doing what you like most.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations! Well deserved. Time to kick back and enjoy doing what you like most.
My very next project is rebuilding completely, my 1953 REO, reel mower. it will be on the bench before the week is out.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Congratulations! I can tell you first hand, you're going to like retirement! Just hit the 9 year mark of retirement myself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
thanks , Im feeling better already!:sidelaugh
I retired after 29 years, from our local Fire Department at 55 (7 years ago). When I drive by the Fire Station, I think, ****, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore (especially in bad weather)! ~~ grnspot

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
You guys are making me feel so young. I still have @7 more years before I retire!:ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I had a meeting with my children this morning, I explained that I would like to be retired at least by my next Birthday,05-08-13. ....
Good for you Doc! Now stick to the plan this time and no wavering. :ThumbUp:

I'm probably looking at another 20+ years before retirement God willing I can keep going that long. One thing for sure is a career change will happen not a question of if but when. I'm on borrowed time now to physically keep doing what I'm doing. All the weight lifting and crawling around on my knees is taking it's toll.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
My very next project is rebuilding completely, my 1953 REO, reel mower. it will be on the bench before the week is out.
Cool!! :)

This will be great fun to follow, Doc. I think that you will really enjoy working on an old reel mower. They are a lot of fun and being a REO, that makes it even more unique.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont think I will miss it either, Im ready to be a bum now:sidelaugh, I hope we find a responsable driver so I and my Son wont have to worry all the time.
Thanks pythons37, I appriciate your post.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts