My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Here is are some pics of the restored seat!

Restoration specs:

-Covers made by a forum member

-New foam cushioning

-Sandblasted & color matched seat frame

-New SS hardware

-New seat adjuster knob from Bolens Parts & Supplies

I'm also keeping the original covers as they are too nice to toss. I conditioned them and stored them away in an airtight bag.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
SWEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!! That seat is super nice!! GREAT JOB!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Austen, NICE seat I see it is stiched even the BOLENS Somebody took there time to do the letters correct. ALSO NICE 1886 Bolens and the Loader!! Loader would be nice to have I have a HT20 in pieces and my Brother in law has 2 1886 and a 1250. But neither one has a loader.. To bad for us. The one 1886 has no motor and it rough so I thought to repower it and put a Jonney Bucket on it... Really Nice.. You should put that in the LGT magazine...

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
SWEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!! That seat is super nice!! GREAT JOB!!
Thanks Eric!

Austen, NICE seat I see it is stiched even the BOLENS Somebody took there time to do the letters correct. ALSO NICE 1886 Bolens and the Loader!! Loader would be nice to have I have a HT20 in pieces and my Brother in law has 2 1886 and a 1250. But neither one has a loader.. To bad for us. The one 1886 has no motor and it rough so I thought to repower it and put a Jonney Bucket on it... Really Nice.. You should put that in the LGT magazine...
Thanks Brian!

That's pretty cool that you guys have some large frames. You can appreciate how they were built then.

Loaders aren't too hard to come by. If you find one, make sure that you get the front pulley that goes on the stub shaft to run the loader. While you can still run the pump belt off the factory stub shaft pulley, it won't spin it as fast as the pulley that comes with the loader.

If you ever need any help with your HT, let me know! One of these days you'll have to get some photos posted up of your guys' Bolens. ;)

Looks great!
Thanks Mark!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Very nice!:2th:

Reactions: Austen

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
All the makings of a beautiful garage queen! I'd hate to get her dirty. Very nice attention to detail Austen.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Austen, That sure is a nice tractor!! Maybe some day I will get my HT20 together and find some equipment for it. Like a Loader. You have other Bolens Tractors?? I have 65 900, 69 1225, 72 HT20, 79 QT17, Tractors some push mowers and 2 snowblowers

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! That's one kitted out Bolens now! Have fun!
Thanks Nico!

All the makings of a beautiful garage queen! I'd hate to get her dirty. Very nice attention to detail Austen.
Thanks Bruce!

Austen, That sure is a nice tractor!! Maybe some day I will get my HT20 together and find some equipment for it. Like a Loader. You have other Bolens Tractors?? I have 65 900, 69 1225, 72 HT20, 79 QT17, Tractors some push mowers and 2 snowblowers
Thanks snowworks,

It's the only Bolens I own aside from the other attachments I have for it.

It sounds like you've got a nice lineup of Bolens FMC power equipment! You'll have to post some pictures of them when you get a chance. :2th:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts