My Lawnmower Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
DONT TRUST SEARS PARTS DEPARTMENT! Paid close to $50 just for the expedited shipping because the told me with that option the parts would be to me by 5pm today. Guess what it's 6pm no parts and when I called to see what was happening and where my order was I not only got the run around but got told it wasn't there problem. When I told them they didn't hold up there end of the deal and I shouldn't have to pay expedited shipping when they didn't provide it I was told and I quote that's to bad sir it's a chance you take and we will not be refunding any part of your purchase end quote......... there going to be really shocked when they get a call from one of the largest law firms in L.A. where one of my best friends is on the board of partners.... oh I'm pissed right now
That's crazy!!! I can't believe they would treat you like that! :Mad:

· Super Moderator
6,213 Posts
DONT TRUST SEARS PARTS DEPARTMENT! Paid close to $50 just for the expedited shipping because the told me with that option the parts would be to me by 5pm today. Guess what it's 6pm no parts and when I called to see what was happening and where my order was I not only got the run around but got told it wasn't there problem. When I told them they didn't hold up there end of the deal and I shouldn't have to pay expedited shipping when they didn't provide it I was told and I quote that's to bad sir it's a chance you take and we will not be refunding any part of your purchase end quote......... there going to be really shocked when they get a call from one of the largest law firms in L.A. where one of my best friends is on the board of partners.... oh I'm pissed right now
That's just plain dirty!:Mad:No excuse for that at all.:Mad:

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Well after an hour and a half in this heat the trans is out and opened.... I'll share the horror after dinner but all in all it seems functionally good. Gotta clean it up and repack it with some homegrown double zero substitute. This little mower had a tree growing through it but the guy said $75 and it's yours. I handed him cash and the tree is history. I'll post some updates in a couple hours. What I do know is Sears followed up with me about 4:50pm today and informed me that they are fine with me taking my business elsewhere. Pretty said actions and still no refunds and no parts.

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
I had issue with them years ago for a part to repair our snow blower. WAY before I knew anything about tractors!! Sorry it happened to you!

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
After draining the water and sludge out of the trans here's what I got. No damage to any of the gears thank god and I guess it's kinda a good sign that it actually was holding the water that should mean no leaks right:yahoo:

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Got my first drive in. Not to shabby. Need to adjust the throttle and figure out why when I depress the peddle it dis engages the trans at about half way down but pass that instead of braking it RE engages the trans. Belt to short maybe? Looking for some input everyone. I'm outta ideas.

Attachments

· Administrator
6,319 Posts
Got my first drive in. Not to shabby. Need to adjust the throttle and figure out why when I depress the peddle it dis engages the trans at about half way down but pass that instead of braking it RE engages the trans. Belt to short maybe? Looking for some input everyone. I'm outta ideas.
Does the idler swing clear from one side of the belt to the other side?? Does it have a small disc brake on the side of the transmission?

Only chain drive I ever had was a Springfield. Pressed the pedal to go on it. The brake was a steel spring loaded arm that you stepped on that rubbed on one tire. :D

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Sure is nice!!

Reactions: Cased73

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Awesome!! It turned out great! Nice work! :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:
There's nothing like going for a ride after a restoration!

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.