My Lawnmower Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
The colors are almost a perfect match to the original scheme. Only thing I did different is I went with a softer gloss. I thought the original high gloss would show it's age a bit to much. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this as much as they are and again I can't say enough thank you all for the positive feedback
You deserve it! Glad to see it coming along so well... Maybe you do stand a chance with a little kick back from MTD :)

Reactions: Cased73

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Sweet you got it running!!

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sticking with the K.I.S.S. philosophy for the brake arm. Pulled the screen door size spring off the return arm on the motor and used some bicycle cable to hook to a throttle lever. There's plenty of friction on the lever side so the cable doesn't walk down while running. Going to get into the drive pulleys tomorrow. Wish me luck!:shifting:

Attachments

· Super Moderator
6,213 Posts
The colors are almost a perfect match to the original scheme. Only thing I did different is I went with a softer gloss. I thought the original high gloss would show it's age a bit to much. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this as much as they are and again I can't say enough thank you all for the positive feedback
This is the sort of thing that really get the juices flowing here on MLF. We can't wait for the next pictures, and the pop corn is waiting to be popped for the debut of the first video of it being driven around the yard!

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Took the old pulley assembly down to Bloomfield motor sports today he's going to try to separate the pulley from the shaft and move it downward about 3/8 of a inch to compensate for the motormount adapter. Even if he can just separate the pulley it'll be fine because I can just buy a new pulley to put on the old shaft from central tractor. We'll see

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I like it.... I love it.... I want to see some more of it! :yahoo:

I think it's definitely a one of a kind! :coolpics:

Can't wait to see her in action! :shifting: :Bannana: :Happy:

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well got all the odds and ends taken care of put it on the ground for a test run before his birthday party tomorrow and the trans is shot. Grinding like crazy every gear......... anyone have one they'd part with I need something asap please

· Administrator
6,319 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Holy crap Sears parts outlet not only stocks the parts for my fine J c Penney product but they'll be here tomorrow. The wife and I decided to split the kids B-Day party in two. Friends today and family. BBQ Sunday that'll give me time to finish it for him instead of happy B-Day here's a broken tractor lol

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Holy crap Sears parts outlet not only stocks the parts for my fine J c Penney product but they'll be here tomorrow. The wife and I decided to split the kids B-Day party in two. Friends today and family. BBQ Sunday that'll give me time to finish it for him instead of happy B-Day here's a broken tractor lol
That is sweet to hear! Happy to hear they actually carry the parts... What are the chances? I can't imagine the look on his face when he sees it! :Happy: :Bannana: :yahoo:

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
DONT TRUST SEARS PARTS DEPARTMENT! Paid close to $50 just for the expedited shipping because the told me with that option the parts would be to me by 5pm today. Guess what it's 6pm no parts and when I called to see what was happening and where my order was I not only got the run around but got told it wasn't there problem. When I told them they didn't hold up there end of the deal and I shouldn't have to pay expedited shipping when they didn't provide it I was told and I quote that's to bad sir it's a chance you take and we will not be refunding any part of your purchase end quote......... there going to be really shocked when they get a call from one of the largest law firms in L.A. where one of my best friends is on the board of partners.... oh I'm pissed right now

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.