My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there own a RER 1000 (2012 model)? I replaced the blade drive belt for my neighbor and found the idler arm pulley spring to be laying loose and not connected. I have searched to the end of the internet and back and can find the spring and part number but nothing to show where it connects. I assume it connects back to the deck somewhere on one end and the idler pulley bracket on the other. please help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Model number is 247.25000, the parts websites that I checked show the spring (number 18) in the diagram but not where it connects

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Looking at the deck part's list on page 49 of the owner's manual, I see the spring, part #18 you are talking about. Is there any possibility that it connects between those two tap screws labeled #7, which looks like it is attached to the deck, and #8 that is on the idler pulley pivot arm? Maybe that spring pulls the pulley back out of engagement when the PTO lever is moved to the off position.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it connects in a hole on the idler pulley bracket and does pull the idler pulley to the left when the pto is disengaged which ensures there is no tension on the belt keeping the deck engaged. but the other end of the spring does not seem to have a connect point, I have looked at it for two days now and it seems it would have to connect to the area you are talking about but there are no holes and the metal tab it too wide for the spring end. I am thinking it never has been connected since new. this model has been replaced with a 247.29001 and I went over to sears and looked at this mower and it is identical with the only difference being the part I need.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Could be why they changed the design. Perhaps some worker at the factory got bold enough one day to ask, "What is this spring for? It doesn't attach to anything!":ROFL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts