My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the forum, so please excuse me if this topic has already been raised by someone.
I have a Toro XL 380H Wheel Horse (not sure of the year, bought it in 2006), and the main drive belt (traction belt) has snapped. Does anyone know step by step how to replace with a new one?
I took the mowing deck off to give myself a nice, clear view and a more open space to work with, but found I can't get the replacement belt on, because the electric clutch pulley has wires leading from it that inhibit the new belt being slipped onto the engine pulley. Has anyone else encountered this with their Toro before?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to get my lawns mowed. They're growing longer and longer every day I look out the window!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hello, without the model number I can not get a copy of the manual off Toro.com.
It is a normal belt swap b sounds of it. You need to remove the PTO to access the belt for replacement. Take pictures or draw routing of the existing what's left of belt. If you are not good with mechanics, I would suggest you have this done for you. It can be quite challenging for a person who knows how to do one at times, not sure of the layout of your machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts