My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - When I tried to start it for the last time this year, I pulled on the cord and it snapped off. I need to replace the starter cord but could someone tell me how easy or hard this is? Is this something I can do myself or should I take it into a small engine repair shop?

thanks

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
Greetings, and welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with that model of mower, but I would say that it is a very good task for the homeowner to undertake themselves and probably save $25 or so over having a shop do the work. I will let someone else give you the specifics on the repair, but I will say that on the machines I have replaced the starter cord on it would have helped if I had 3 hands. Just nice to have someone hold the pulley in place while you run the cord thru the guides and get it tied off.

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
It's not really hard, but can take some time and head scratching. Kind of like winding new string on a string trimmer spool. :D

Looks like by JD Parts ( John Deere - Parts Catalog ) if all else fails you can buy the complete assembly for $67.00 :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts