My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the fuel line on a chain saw and I cut the line so there is a point on it put a wire threw the line and snake the wire in the hole in the gas tank. When i pul the wire to feed the line in the hole the wire and line bunch up and the line goes partially through the hole and the wire comes of the line. is there another way to do that thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Never is easy. Dad usually has fit. Don't have easy way to tell you! Sounds like your way is good, just temperament saw!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
The last couple of small engines I did like that, I just pushed the hose in and twisted it as I pushed. It's fiddly for sure, but does the hose seals itself against the hole it's going into on that engine? Maybe using that wire to guide it is making the hose too thick to fit the hole. Just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last couple of small engines I did like that, I just pushed the hose in and twisted it as I pushed. It's fiddly for sure, but does the hose seals itself against the hole it's going into on that engine? Maybe using that wire to guide it is making the hose too thick to fit the hole. Just a guess on my part.
The hose is supposed to seal the hole and of course the hole is in a recess. I drilled out the hole but it was too big for the line so I used a slightly larger line and it was easier to twist in to the hole thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Just make sure with the larger diameter hose, that the inside diameter is the same as the old one or the hose will slip off of the nipples on the carb and or filter and you'll have fuel leaking out of the bottom of your saw.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just make sure with the larger diameter hose, that the inside diameter is the same as the old one or the hose will slip off of the nipples on the carb and or filter and you'll have fuel leaking out of the bottom of your saw.
I checked that before I put the line in thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts