My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a Toro Super Recycler push mower for several years now. I bought it from a neighbor who had fallen ill and was no longer able to take of his own yard. It's been a great mower. I've never put a battery in it to use the electric start feature. I would like to do that this year but the only batteries I find for this are OEM and run about $40-$45. That seems pretty expensive for a battery. Are there less expensive alternatives?
I think the battery it calls for is 115-1304.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I'd Google the number on the battery if you had it. I did this and found it through a battery supplier for much less. Look at picture online of battery if all else fails and cross reference!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Electric start push mowers are a pain because you have to recharge the battery; they usually don't have a generator coil or anything. That means that you've gotta plug it into the wall when the battery gets low.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I just sol an electric start craftsman a year or so ago. my mom used it until her doctor said no more grass cutting, she never used the electric start but I had a few time and even replaced the battery once. her lawn isn't very level and the craftsman bounces around a lot, my toro mower works much better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep it tuned...and 1 pull will be fine...! Save the $$ spent on batteries. IMO
Mower usually always starts on first pull and I have had no issue doing so but my back aint what it used to be and I just thought it might make life nicer if a quick turn of the key would help. Also last summer I broke my ankle and my wife had to get the mower out and start it up which is not as easy to pull for her.
Looking on E-bay I think I found what I need and it's only about $12. It actually takes the same battery as my 24v weed trimmer. It also needs new batteries so buying three batteries together, the price comes down quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Mower usually always starts on first pull and I have had no issue doing so but my back aint what it used to be and I just thought it might make life nicer if a quick turn of the key would help. Also last summer I broke my ankle and my wife had to get the mower out and start it up which is not as easy to pull for her.
Looking on E-bay I think I found what I need and it's only about $12. It actually takes the same battery as my 24v weed trimmer. It also needs new batteries so buying three batteries together, the price comes down quite a bit.
take a look on toro's website for parts and manuals. they should give you the parts number for the battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts