My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Riding mower Lawn mower Wheel Plant
I found a method to remove a 52" deck from a gt 52xls model. I placed 4 2x12x12 ft long boards under the wheels and the plastic wheels of the deck as well.. once the clips etc are removed a single person can side the deck from under the mower. This task is nearly impossible alone when on grass or pavement, concrete etc..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Glad I don't have to worry about that...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have always put short pieces of 2x4 under the corners of the deck, lowered the deck setting to remove the clips, raised the setting to get the arms out of the way and slid it right out. Only on a hard surface.

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 62595 I found a method to remove a 52" deck from a gt 52xls model. I placed 4 2x12x12 ft long boards under the wheels and the plastic wheels of the deck as well.. once the clips etc are removed a single person can side the deck from under the mower. This task is nearly impossible alone when on grass or pavement, concrete etc..
My S240 disconnects real easy and slides right out. I do it by myself behind the barn. But I can see where your setup would make it even easier sliding the deck across a couple 2"x6"s.

·
Administrator
6,289 Posts
I use my smooth cement garage floor that's been polished by 35 years of tires and feet. Night and day compared to pulling it in the grass. Using the wood for a slide when you have to do it outside is a good idea!
(y)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I recently bought the lift like Tabora has for our church. When we went to do blade work, they would use a small car scissor jack and blocks - unsafe in my opinion. Now we can get it way up and do proper inspection and maintenance. I got it at harbor freight with a coupon for $99. Money well spent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts