My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to put this Snapper comet back together. It's been sitting in pieces at my house and the rear end is taking up space at my friend's house. We're going to put the two halves back together. He said he asked a mower guy over in his area and he told him that it's impossible to get the two halves of a Snapper Mower back together without welding them because of the plastic grommet. Is that true? I know it took some effort to separate the front end tube and rear end. Is there any tips or tricks on getting it back together?

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
There's a couple of Snapper guys around here. Hopefully they will chime in.

I've never seen a Comet to know how they work, but if it came apart, then it seems to me it should go back together. The parts diagrams I looked at showed a couple of grommets and a collar of some sort where the tube of the front half would slip into the frame of the back half.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me and a friend actually were able to get the two halves of the mower together. It wasn't too bad. Just had to grind some paint back and grease it up. Then it was no problem. Now I need to figure out how to hook up this brake pedal and cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts