My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had something back in the day and got rid of it and is kicking themselves today wishing they had a "Do Over"? :dunno:

I had a 1970 Chevelle SS with a 454 that I sold amongst some other classics that I beat myself up every day for getting rid of. :mad:

What regretful things have you guys gotten rid of over the years?

·
1,329 Posts
Has anyone ever had something back in the day and got rid of it and is kicking themselves today wishing they had a "Do Over"? :dunno:

I had a 1970 Chevelle SS with a 454 that I sold amongst some other classics that I beat myself up every day for getting rid of. :mad:

What regretful things have you guys gotten rid of over the years?
OH Man, would I love to have one of those!
My dream now is to find a 60 Impala/409.4-speed. Black on black.
I had a 66 chevelle ordered in 1966, it took to long for delivery so I took a 66 Caprice. BIG mistake, heck I was young then.
Now ,to answer your question. to this day I still miss my lill C-cab Coke truck. it won more awards and got more attention then all the other toys that I had "put together.
When I look at pics of this hot rod I get sad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to find used and abused toys to fix up
Yup! I have a 47 Business coupe (FORD) and a 67 Scout in the back of my garage needing the "fix up" before I can enjoy what rolls across the stages!

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
I had a 1970 Chevelle SS with a 454
Ohhh, Nice!! Now that's a muscle car. I'm sure that you've got a few stories with that one. :D ;)

I can almost here them now at Barrett. "Next on the block is an all original, numbers matching, 454 Chevelle! This is number xxxx of the 454's sold in year 1970. We're going to start the bidding off at $70K." I'm sure that helps. :D

I have a 47 Business coupe (FORD) and a 67 Scout
Those are two great vehicles to collect! Any photos? Sometimes I think it would be fun to find an older Bronco, Scout or Landcruiser to have as a daily.

I think most gearheads have a thing about having sold their first car. My dad really regrets selling his '55 Chevy that he fixed up for his car. All through childhood he always mentioned how if he came across it again, he would love to buy it back.

Being 23, I don't have tooo many regrets but I'm sure like my father and most of you, I'll have regretted letting go of my first car go too, my 1976 Datsun 280Z that we fixed up. I definitely see myself owning another S30 someday in the future though, they are great sports cars.

·
1,329 Posts
Yup! I have a 47 Business coupe (FORD) and a 67 Scout in the back of my garage needing the "fix up" before I can enjoy what rolls across the stages!
about three blocks from my house there is a scout, been setting over a year now. Its a straight as a arrow. I told my Wife ,Im just waiting to see a for sale sign. I really want that Scout.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really want that Scout.
Maybe its time for a neighborly introduction followed by an "Oh, by the way..."

I can almost here them now at Barrett. "Next on the block is an all original, numbers matching, 454 Chevelle! This is number xxxx of the 454's sold in year 1970. We're going to start the bidding off at $70K." I'm sure that helps. :D
I'm going to go now......:(

Well a bit off topic.... I bought a new computer with windows 8 two weeks ago. Bad decision and took it back. Hated it!
Sorry to hear about that Harry. What a hassle to go thru and set everything up and end up getting rid of it because of poor performance.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
5-6 years ago I bought a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 rolling chassis , I wanted it all original , but with all the goodies .. I got on Ebay and bought all kinds of goodies either NOS or restored , shaker hood scoop , rebuilt 351 windsor with edlebrock 4 barrel carb , 4 speed toploader with the original hurst shifter , magnum 500 wheels , louvers .....etc etc . Being a Pa car it needed body work , new shock towers , new inner fenders (welding beyond me) . I had over $10,000 invested just off of Ebay and never had the rolling chassis touched yet . I had too much wrapped up and sold it ... To this day, that is still my dream car .

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats a hard decision to make, it seems like a good idea at the time! I think thats why I find it hard to want to get rid of anything anymore, I'm tired of "Regret" :mad:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Well, I remember dad, any elderly person I met on the road, dads freinds saying "I should of never sold that ________ I had when I was young!!"

Well at 18 years old (11 years ago) I bought my car I wanted for a while (82-92 Camaro) I got a 1989 RS 305, fully loaded, 1 owner all matching VINs etc etc, Its not going ANYWHERE

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Oh yea and my "lil tyke" 4x8 trailer, it was my first project with my dad, and boy as it been through changes, its a 1978, its been fully rebuilt, even some metal replaced, everything but the frame is new, its a real good built trailer, I took the 12" wheels off, overslung the new axle, put some expensive 8ply 5.70x8's that are rated for more weight than the 12's where. All this to get it low to the ground so when you tilted it, it was not like driving up a mountian

Im fixin to redo the sides to solid plywood

I use this trailer so much, it tracks perfect, is actully stronger than the axle allows. I find I use it more often than my big car hauler

The pics are of its second rebuild last year, unfortantly dad was not around for it, he passed 10 years ago

Lets not forget dads YT12 too!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well at 18 years old (11 years ago) I bought my car I wanted for a while (82-92 Camaro) I got a 1989 RS 305, fully loaded, 1 owner all matching VINs etc etc, Its not going ANYWHERE

Remember that when the kids come along, you need to add an addition or better yet new home, and you need the mini van and, and, and, yea......life :ROFL Been there, done that. My loaded Tundra 4x4 turned into a Sienna mini van for the "Softball" gig.

I wish you the best in securing your hot rod, I really do! :)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Remember that when the kids come along, you need to add an addition or better yet new home, and you need the mini van and, and, and, yea......life :ROFL Been there, done that. My loaded Tundra 4x4 turned into a Sienna mini van for the "Softball" gig.

I wish you the best in securing your hot rod, I really do! :)
:ROFL Dont worry, there will always be room in the garage for it, I got 2 other sets of wheels to trade for kids :ROFL

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
It looks like your Camaro is in really great shape!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.