My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As pulling was easier with the clutch engaged, I tried to tighten up the blade clutch cable but that did not work-as soon as the blade clutch cable was tight enough to loosen the pull force, the blades would rotate with the clutch disengaged.
Motor vehicle Font Parallel Art Illustration

Given the hard pull the mower is almost impossible to start even with a carb cleaner spritz.

Does anyone understand what is going wrong with the clutch? The explanation found in the Technical manual is rather complicated and I do not understand it. I attach the page in question--As an academic I have judged the use of that copyright material to be fair use. I am sure the moderators will correct me if I they disagree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I disassembled the clutch removing the top portion. See the attached photos. The abrasive pad is not as worn as I have seen on other postings. It is fairly thick where it ought to be--the inner ring. With it off the flywheel moves easily with no noise. When I put it back and start to torque the mounting bolt it again is hard to move the flywheel, it seems to be rubbing on the outer ring. Can someone tell me what is wrong?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Wheel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts