My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone. I have a Toro 8-32 with a Briggs 8hp on it and I am looking for an overhaul kit for this engine. Do they still make overhaul kits or am I just better piecing the parts out.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Parts, gaskets and such should be pretty easy to come by. Look up the number on the engine on Briggs and Strattons web site and you should find a parts list for your engine.

If you're not sure of what the number of your engine is, or where to find it, this will get you pointed in the right way.
Get Help Finding the Engine Model Number for a Briggs & Stratton Manual

Then you should be able to put the number in here and find the owner's manual and parts list for your engine.
Find Your Small Engine Owners Manual | Briggs and Stratton Engines & Parts

In the event that doesn't work for you, you may have to look here for older manuals and parts lists.
FAQ: Find Briggs & Stratton Antique Engine Manual & Specs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to get the thing out for the spring. I am hoping to get one more season out of it before a refresh. I love the cut quality of the mower as well as the size of the cut so I am hoping to make this thing last as long as I can get parts. It is as old as me!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
You might be better off finding a machine on CL/EBAY with bad trans and swap engine to it.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
usually rehoning the cylinder and new rings and they will run like new again. my 1232 has a briggs ic on it and i think the 832s had the ics to. they usually are the easiest engines to rebuild because of the cast iron bore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts