My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, came home early from my bike vacation in Jim Thorpe Pa. The weather today is HORRIBLE! The temp is only 49 and windy/ rain. We went yesterday early and decided to ride when we got there. Paid for the shuttle ride, $45 for a 26 mile ride in van. Was worth it. The bike trail is SOO Nice! Very scenic! Think our total bike ride miles were 25.7 miles! Broke my record for most in one ride of day! Not too bod for a guy who could not tie his shoes three and a half years ago! :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right there Bruce! Was a real nice ride, even when we could hear thunder!! So blessed the rain stayed away from us! It poured up here where we live! Everyone thought we weren't riding!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Looks like a great time ...... Enjoy those times while you can and cherish the memories, they last forever

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi my friend! This is why I did this! We been working too hard of late (always work-a- holics!) I listened to my friend at work and decided to take a real vacation instead of staycation and work on tractors. Mom always wanted to see Amish, decided to do that first! Then later last week ,go on bike cation! The weather held out long enough oride Thursday instaed of Friday as I planned! My dad is awesome, did whole ride easily! Proud of him! Very nice ride that I wish to do again in fall,so pretty in leaves I bet! God knows the memories are cherished by me! ;)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
My dad is awesome, did whole ride easily! Proud of him! Very nice ride that I wish to do again in fall,so pretty in leaves I bet! God knows the memories are cherished by me! ;)
My dad was a awesome man too, I miss him dearly and heck it will be 11 years this July :(

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear 89! I don't look forward to that time for myself. I am so blessed to have him now! Going outside to play with my newest find with him!

Reactions: 89yt12

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looks like a great trip and wow, 26 miles is a lot!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Austen, we really enjoyed it! The area is so pretty! I plan on a return ride sometime!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts