My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I saw this add and thought it was right up road from me! He had a Murray I liked too. I missed the Murray and he relisted this one. I bid and won for $25!! Only issue, it is now 80 + miles away!? I love when they add info after you bid! Not all is lost, looks like a good parts machine at least! I have a set of bolt on wheels just given to me. I'll use them to load it. The Scotts we are working on might need engine parts from it?
Craftsman 20 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine 46 inch Deck with Plow Lawn Mower | eBay

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Man, that's too bad you thought it was one place and it turned out to be somewhere else, but you make a good point about being sure of the details. Hey, maybe there's a good place to eat, or some nice sights to see in that part of PA and you can make a nice day trip out of it.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello my friend! I deliver out that way, so I know the area some. I don't mind too much! Dad was kinda ticked. I explained that we just drove 175 round trip for the John Deere 111, so not to bad for $25! Guess my easy Sunday might be out. Guy hasn't emailed me back!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He wrote my back. Not that bad,right off major highway I know well. I can get cheap PA gas at least!! I think it might be worth the drive! God works in weird ways, might be a score for us!? We will see..................

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well picked it up this morning. It isn't too bad! The plow I believe might be for dirt on the back! The PO is a storage auction buyer and got these two machines in a locker. We got home and tried it with some gas, um the PO had the battery hooked up backwards! First rule, double check before jumper box!! YEAO! Sparks! Second, tried again, it started! Ran on the gas down throat,then dead. Water in gastank due to not correct cap. Dad had to replace one front tire, went flat real fast. Then pushed it outside for now. We had to clean up! Looked terrible from junk from restores. Looks like two loads of scrap. Here is some pics! The deck sits real weird, most likely broke somewhere.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Not half bad for $25, you should be able to turn a nice profit. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
My gosh, the attachments and ag tires sell for waaaaay more than that in my neck of the woods. You guys get some great deals, and by the time you perform your magic on it, it'll look and run like new again.:2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys, first thing though. bwdbrn, the tires and snowplow are mine! I had to bring rear tires with me! They are off the big GT18 plow tractor of mine! The small plow that I guess is for dirt came with this tractor. I think I did ok all in all! We will see how much work it will be!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we sold it to a guy who really needed the dash and hood after a tree fell on his! We kept the engine and tires, put junk on instead! I sold it for $50! The engine is well worth that! It ran good with fresh fuel!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts