My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Craftsmam R110 ride mower is less than a year old and has steering problems. When turning left it clicks and only turns reliably when the clutch is engaged. I looked at the steering and the steering bar seems rather loose. When I push the bar up it turns without slipping. Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to disassemble and replace parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Craftsmam R110 ride mower is less than a year old and has steering problems. When turning left it clicks and only turns reliably when the clutch is engaged. I looked at the steering and the steering bar seems rather loose. When I push the bar up it turns without slipping. Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to disassemble and replace parts?
Fixed it!!! Sort of. Where the steering bars and rods have a loose connection I added a few washers and that tighten the system up and there’s no slack anymore. I’ll see how long this lasts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought one today and the steering wheel slips out of alignment on tight turns. I'm going to pull off the wheel and see wears going on

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixed it!!! Sort of. Where the steering bars and rods have a loose connection I added a few washers and that tighten the system up and there’s no slack anymore. I’ll see how long this lasts.
Hi, I have the same issue. Can you post a picture of what it looks like with the washers added?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts