My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

My first time on here - hoping someone can help me out.

My mower is leaking fuel from the (excuse my lack of technical terms) brass coloured bit just in from the air filter with a valve at the bottom for drainage - sorry but I don't know what it is.

I think it's leaking around the top where it should possibly have a gasket or seal of some sort - at the moment it's just metal on metal and I don't see how that's ever going to really keep the fuel in there. If I'm right and it does need such a seal there, does anyone know where I could get one from and what it's called? Does it have a part number???

I've tried to get a picture loaded up below, hope it works...

Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Machine

As you can see (if the picture's there) I've tried to make a seal with some plumber's white tape, but it's only temporary as I think it's too "soft" to deal with petrol???

hope someone can help out.
thanks in advance
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.