My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a push mower is it best to have the mower deck level so the blade is parallel to the lawn, or should the front wheels be slightly lower.
I thought I read somewhere in the past to have front wheels slighty lower for best results. If this is correct does this apply to mowers with big rear wheels and mowers with all 4 wheels the same size ?

I'm curious what you all think about this. Appreciate any input.

Chris

Reactions: Town

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas for the responses. The nose down attitude on a riding mower is exactly where I got confused. I came across one of my push mower owners manual and it says all 4 wheels same level position.

Thanks again.

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Husqvarna 8522RLS has a single lever to adjust the height of all 4 wheels. Within the wheelbase the front of the deck was a half inch lower than the rear of the deck. Thought this was an innovation although the deck got caught up in the lowest settings.

So based upon this thread I lengthened the adjusting bar connecting the front and rear solid adjusting axles from 26 5/8" to 27 1/4" which levelled the deck. Now the mower cuts evenly at the lowest setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts