My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have had a Poulen PR5020 chainsaw for a few years and noticed last year I was having difficulty getting the carb primed. Once I got the air out of the car things ran the way they should have. This year it looks like I'm sucking a lot of air while priming also but the lines are fine. The saw starts and runs but it stalls once I pull the bar back and throttle up. Tank is full so I'm not sucking air from there.

I just had to replace the fuel lines and bulb on a Husqvarna 125B that was a few years old but I dont think thats the problem with the saw.. So is there any tip to priming or do I need to replace the lines and bulb every 2 years. Is there anything I can use that will better hold up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so is it normal that I have to pump the primer bulb slowly in order to prime the carb?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll keep that in mind. If that's the case it kind of sucks since the saw is only two years old. The blower might be 3 but the fuel lines were falling apart. Is there a certain type of fuel line I can use that the ethanol in the gas wont eat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts