My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a deck for the Red tractor! Problem is this machine is nicer!? :help:
Now I think I might fix this one! Now I have three Craftsman that need engines switched around?? The Red one was gonna get the intek.
The Green one was gonna get opposed twin? Now what? This new one has Kohler Courage:angry:
The gentleman who owns it is 80 years old he said! I didn't haggle very hard, just gently asked if he was firm on price! I get it tomorrow! Here is picture he sent me.

CRAFTSMAN 46 INCH RIDING MOWER -NOT RUNNING
Here is the tractor that I was getting it for the deck!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sweet!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
LOL hey guys, got home with new one! Met dad at gas station and then drove over. The gentleman is a young 80 years old admitted by him! We got there to it sitting in driveway with puddle of oil under it. The Courage gave up the ghost!? We might try to start it to see if maybe a seal went bad, no visible crack or "ventilation"! The thing is heavy to load, my right shoulder gave out right when I needed it! Good thing pops is strong! I put what's left of my gut into it! Got it home and unloaded with lift. The engine seems seized some, but did turn. The starter box couldn't turn it, maybe solenoid? We got it outside and I started taking pictures, then daily rain began! Guess I live by Bruce now, wait ten minutes and weather will change?!? Check out the blades?? New to us! We are thinking of fixing this one with new engine! It is too nice to strip! Getting too many again! HELP!!! I IS ADDICTED TO CL/ EBAY!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get at junk courage off of there and you'll have yet another nice tractor!:ThumbUp:
Yea, I don't like the engine due to the other one we got. I saw all the Youtube videos of them broken. I have a Kohler my friend gave me, will put it on if this is dead. Curious to know how bad this courage is broke!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
HELP!!! I IS ADDICTED TO CL/ EBAY!!!! ;)
Careful, Don't let that addiction spiral out of control (been there)... Spending money can be a dangerous thing, And the internet just fuels the fire on that :ROFL

That's a nice tractor!, A good solid Briggs will fix up that awful courage and make one heck of a tractor... Not a bad mowing tractor!

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have the Twin Intek Briggs and the opposed twin Briggs in red tractor, also a Kohler we got from Bob in shed, not sure were each of them will go?
Took cover off Courage, found a dead mouse and huge nest! No wonder it stunk so bad! Went to lift hood and almost got stung! Two nests of wasps we brought home with us! :(

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We pressure washed the tractor today and tried to start it, cranks. Seems to pull high amps from starter, found a top plate screw was off. Bet the mower shop took it apart for him, found the usual balance shaft issue and threw it back together. We will be yanking it shortly, still leaking all over yard, stupid Courage! :banghead: :soap: :angry:
Now wonder which one will fit best on it....... :2cents:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Always finding the deals!!!!!!!!!!! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, guess what happened to Courage, CRACKS and broken case! Surprised......NOT! :) We got he opposed twin Briggs in it because .....The Intek won't fit here either! :( Man, I am selling it! Stupid thing won't fit nothing! :( Got the Briggs running, wiring will need to be figured out. Did not have it right, no charge and no off with key. The Carb solenoid won't work, wire from Kohler was dead. Think I know now... just remembered bare leads, probably blew fuse. We will get it!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
A little patience and some JD Weld 'oughta fix that crack right up. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JBweld?? LOL Right! Stan, the engine is in it now! The red Craftsman opposed twin went in! It runs, I need to finish wiring as pops hates wires! I thought about that engine for the green Craftsman, but we put a small engine in my uncles and it seem low on power. I am cruising CL for tractors with bad trans or real cheap for engine!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts