My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to fix my older 22” toro recycler myself. I bought the new cable from Amazon (replaces part 105-1845) and according to all the reviews, the 67.5” cable is too long. The same replacement part at Home Depot is the same length as well (67.5” cable and 54.5” conduit) so it has to work somehow! I have spent hours trying to get this cable to work but I clearly don’t know what I’m doing. I get it in place but there isn’t enough tension to engage the drive because there is too much slack: people say use zip ties but where???? I’m stuck and will probably pay someone more to repair than the mower is worth… please help I don’t want to give up

·
Registered
344 Posts
Okay, now i see there are several SERIAL number variations, so that could be a problem, post the serial number if you have it as well.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Okay, that is the correct part number,
Stens aftermarket lists the dimensions as
  • Cable Length68"
  • Conduit Length54 1/2"
Rotary has them as
Cable69"
Conduit55"

So everyone shows very similar dimensions, i was reading through some reviews and found this comment...
Works as expected! There are no instructions included, but installation is fairly simple. The only confusing thing for me was that after it was installed there was too much slack in the line. At first I thought I had ordered the wrong cable, but after looking online I realized that the cable can be adjusted to get it to the appropriate tension. On my mower the cable is attached about midway down the handle on mower's side. My loosening the attachment and sliding the cable up or down in the attachment-clamp and then tightening the clamp back up I was able to get everything in perfect working order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts