My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here are some pics of the push mowers I use.

The green one is a 2004 Craftsman 4.5 hp 21" that I have owned since new. It probably needs a deep carb cleaning as it tends to bog down when I first cut with it, but then evens out after it warms up.

The other one is a 1992 Snapper Hi-Vac (I know, wrong forum...:bag:) 3.8 hp 21" self-propelled that I just got over the winter from an auction. The bag looks to be almost brand new, and it came with a dethatching blade and a regular one. Runs just fine, but the carb will need a cleaning. The self-propelled function works well, too. Just a bit of cleaning up and fresh oil and it will be like new again. Wish it had the mulching plug, but at least it will pick up what I can dethatch...

I found a Thatcherizer attachment (actually two - one is still brand new in the box, unassembled) at a local thrift store. I haven't used it yet but hope to in the little narrow patch of lawn by the street that I can't get to with the riding mower. Not sure what I will do with the "mint-in-box" one, though...:sidelaugh

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Thanks for the pics!! Nice pair of machines.

I really like the thatcher attachment. It looks very unique! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Nice mowers. That Snapper is an excellent mower, and the thatcherizer is a pretty handy attachment. It's surprising how much they will old stuff they scratch up out of the grass. I'd recommend getting the mulch cover and side discharge attachments that fit in place of the bagger chute for the deck. Then you'd have the best of all worlds.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Those 2 should get the yard work done nicely! :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not sure why but I don't have visibility on the photos. Sounds like a great pair of mowers though! That mint-in-box thatcher I'd probably hang on the wall as art...but that's just me!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Nice machines!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Now I can see the pics. Nice set up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts