My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as title says, heres a few pics of my first ever rider. I bought it to mow my 1.2ac yard which it works wonderfully for. Prior to the pics i was on it for 5 hrs, dethatching my yard. I could not believe the amount of thatch that i got up. i bet i emptied 40 or 50 "loads" from the mower if not more. i cut grass @ 2.5" and figured out a few spots that i need to be careful of for scalping the lawn. Anyway, first 3/4 of yard or about first 4 hrs or so of run time the mower only used 1 tank of gas. figured itd be worse than that on fuel.

also if you look in the background you can see how well my lawn mower did cleaning everything up. Makes me wish i would've taken a before and after pic!

Heres some pics.

401.9 hrs

My friend snuck a picture of a VERY dirty dusty "me" as i was parking lawn mower in the garage

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Congrats, I'm glad you got a good deal on ole girl. Take good care of her and she'll take care of you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i will, my biggest gripe so far is how to go about cleaning all the grass debris out from between the mower deck and belt/pulley system. i did everything short of unhooking deck to get as much out as i could get

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Compressed air! or a leaf blower.. Just wear eye gear so you don't blow sand in your eyes. :)

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Looks like you'll have a nice healthy yard now. And I'll bet you can't wait to put another 5 hours in the seat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im gonna lay some fert. down this weekend if possible. i woke up this morning to 12", yes thats 12 INCHES of wet heavy snow after the 70+ degree weekend we had this past weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That's totally crazy! Should have gotten a snow blower attachment with the Deere!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I know what you mean about the crazy weather. We didn't get snow here, but we had the air conditioning on last night, and tonight the fireplace. Welcome to the midwest.

According to tractordata.com there is a blade attachment for the LT160. Can't throw it, but you can push it out of the way.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Nice JD my friend! Thank God it is 70+ here today. I was VERY sick of snow! Enjoying Mountain biking tonight. Rode 9.5 miles around neighborhood!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i know they offer(ed) a 42" blade. guess ill just have to save up a couple grand for a big old ariens blower!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts