My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the day off yesterday and made my way to my local small engine shop. Cool place. Old in age and in school. You know, with the oily dust coating the wood walls and ceiling. The owner's busy and I look in the lot and I see this Case 220. Looks clean and original. Always admired Case. Had a '57 FEL 320 Industrial, but never a GT. The owner's brother walks over and tells me the background. Thinks it's a '77, sold in '79. One owner and it's been serviced at this shop since new. K241 Kohler. 800 hours. I've got two acres to mow and have a large Gravely and Kubota for the bulk of the mowing. But there is a fair space inside fence that I been using a 2000 or so Craftsman to do. It's getting tired.......and loose. So I asked if it was for sale, thinking he'd say no. But it was. And after it fired right over and purred like a kitty, I put it through the paces and purchased it. It's got a couple issues. One deck wheel is shot. Hole in the deck needs welding. Front skins are low on tread. But overall, very happy.

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Wow!! That is super clean!!! VERY nice find! :2th: You're sure to get a whole 'lot of life out of that one. :cool

I've always really admired that style of Case too. Now I've got to ask, what is the other tractor that is peeking out in the second photo? Pics?? :)

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Nice!! Those are sweet machines.

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Austen. I think the straight four IH's are a classic. I have a '49 Cub(9HP), the 154(14HP) and a 185(18HP). Very unique sound, good torque.

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
That's pretty neat. I know what you mean about the sound as I've always noticed how smooth running those inline 4's are in them too.

What kinds of implements do you run off them? It seems like 95% of the time, you see Lo Boys with Woods mowing decks on them. It's pretty rare to see one used for plowing or loader work etc.

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kinds of implements do you run off them? It seems like 95% of the time, you see Lo Boys with Woods mowing decks on them. It's pretty rare to see one used for plowing or loader work etc.
I use mine strictly as pullers Austen. Which is the term I use when they're really toys :2th:

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Nice machine! Those things look huge!! Bet it is a worker!

Reactions: tiretrx

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Is that a 48" deck?

· Registered
480 Posts
Nice score Ellis! The original owner really took care of it.

Reactions: tiretrx

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Their decks discharge out the left side, unlike everybody else's that went out the right, don't they?
Yes it does, Bruce. Takes a bit of getting use to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.