My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Fusion for a tractor pick up tool................ UM NOT! :)
Went to get my bosses new truck for work. It goes through a leasing company and closest dealer they pick is 40 miles away?! First was a trip delivering then 80 miles north to Albany to drop his old one off for another branch to use. It was a 2013 Chevy 1500 with 129,000 tired miles. Engine missed and used oil like a two stroke! This truck is sweet. Not too powerful, but only had 15 miles on it. Will try to break it in for boss when I use it. He is rough on cars, so we will see.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boss cried same story! He tried to get hemi, was told no due to gas mileage! Figure 100 rams or so in company with V6 instead is a lot less fuel! He was sad to know no hemi! I'd be happy with FREE truck! :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I sold my Fusion for a tractor pick up tool................ UM NOT!
You certainly had me fooled for a moment! ;)

Thanks for the pics, I'll bet it was fun to try it out! :2th:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Considering the fact that it takes more fuel to move the same mass with the smaller engine the company would have been better off with the Hemi, or even the 4.7 if that's still available.
The fuel savings just isn't that much in real world conditions but the bean counters don't care. They strictly look at the numbers posted on the window stickers and put out by the manufacturers which has a margin of being wrong.
I drove small trucks with the small engines all under the heading of better mileage but the fact is a ford ranger for instance with the V6 4x4 get's about 16 MPG, so does my full sized quad cab 4x4 ram with the small V8. You don't buy a truck for gs mileage.
A free truck to drive without worrying about paying for the maintenance is a major plus though.

Reactions: Austen and Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don, I totally agree with you! We had a Nissan p/u back in 1990 with the 4 cyl. What a dog and real poor in mileage! I do believe we would be better with hemi with the loads we put on this truck. Can't fix upper management!!

Reactions: devans

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
It kind of funny when you first look under the hood. Where's the engine? Oh there it is tucked under the firewall. :D

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Considering the fact that it takes more fuel to move the same mass with the smaller engine the company would have been better off with the Hemi, or even the 4.7 if that's still available.
The fuel savings just isn't that much in real world conditions but the bean counters don't care. They strictly look at the numbers posted on the window stickers and put out by the manufacturers which has a margin of being wrong.
I drove small trucks with the small engines all under the heading of better mileage but the fact is a ford ranger for instance with the V6 4x4 get's about 16 MPG, so does my full sized quad cab 4x4 ram with the small V8. You don't buy a truck for gs mileage.
A free truck to drive without worrying about paying for the maintenance is a major plus though.
I was thinking this too. He's going to have his foot in the v6 a lot more, especially if there's any weight involved, over the v8.

My $.02

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My boss is lead foot, already heard it floored when he left! :(

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
My boss is lead foot, already heard it floored when he left! :(
I'm sure you were the first to lay your foot to the floor and made sure to brake it in nicely for him.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, not my nature! I was taught to treat fresh engines/ vehicles with kit gloves! Was enjoying the first real run! By smell of it, was never test drove!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
You're not like the salesmen that jump into a car with 2 miles on the odo, throw it into gear as soon as the engine fires, and mash the pedal to the floor up the street 3 seconds later? ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was like that when I worked at Chevy dealer. Learned later in life.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a normal take off I did right after pictures, sounds good under throttle for a V6!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts