My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today is the last day of summer vacation as I go back to school tomorrow and I took a walk around my town to enjoy the day and I come across the mower on the curb and see that it has a broken engine brake cable and I knock on the door of the house that the mower is sitting out of and ask the homeowner if i can buy the mower and he said so I gave him $25 for the mower and brought it home. So that's where the people of MLF come place does anyone have a spare engine brake cable for a duraforce engine?

Thanks Chris2155

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got one that happened to. I removed the spring and use it now as a thumb-operated kill switch. Never had much trouble sticking body parts under a running mower. Guess I'm just odd that way.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Safety

Hi all! Please keep in mind that discussing bypassing safety equipment is frowned upon here on the forum. I would think someone on here would have a good used cable to make it work properly. I have one from an F series but I checked and it is a different part number. Not sure what the difference is. Good luck in your search. They are about $21.00 from Lawnboy. Here is the cheapest part with shipping on eBay at this time.

Reactions: motorhead12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all! Please keep in mind that discussing bypassing safety equipment is frowned upon here on the forum. I would think someone on here would have a good used cable to make it work properly. I have one from an F series but I checked and it is a different part number. Not sure what the difference is. Good luck in your search. They are about $21.00 from Lawnboy. Here is the cheapest part with shipping on eBay at this time.
Toro Lawnboy Lawn Mower Lawnmower Brake Cable 92 7738 | eBay
Thank you for finding the cable the difference is that the one on the duraforce is it has a rounded peace on the side that connects to the engine

Thanks-Chris2155

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are various vendors you can order the cable from. All the DuraForce 6.5 hp models use the same one. Still available from Lawnboy, and some 3rd party vendors (but original Lawnboy part) and you can also find them on eBay. Or, you can salvage one from a junker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts