My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this one and picked it up today. I have less than a 1/4 acre but own 6 mowers. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I don't mind.

Came with a lot of Wheel Horse parts as well. Think I'll sale them or send them to the scrap man.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Nice find, but DON'T YOU DARE scrap old parts!!!! :angry:

:bag:

;) By all means try and find some guy who needs the parts because you just can't find a lot of that stuff anymore. BTW, sounds like you may still have room for at least 2-3 more :) :ROFL

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Shame on you for even using the word "scrap"! Just the mention of Wheel Horse could put some folks into a feeding frenzy, so I don't think you'd have trouble finding new homes for those parts.

From the picture, that's a fine looking mower you got there. I see it still has a decal saying REO - matic on the body and the deck looks like it hadn't seen much use at all.

So far as the wife's concerns, well, mine is still coming to grips with my "condition", but I know she would like to be able to put the car back into the garage someday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I plan to list all the parts in forums as for sale or free. So hopefully I can find a home for everything, but once I get to the point where no one wants the remainder it will have to be scraped. I just don't have room to store the items. My house is for sale at the moment and we are moving from southern Illinois to northern Illinois. I actually will be moving next weekend, so once I'm gone I cant have my wife selling the parts. Anyway I appreciate you all looking out for the spare parts and hope I can find home for them all.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I happen to know a guy not far from me here in NW Illinois who has barns full of Wheel Horse stuff. I know that if it's red, he'd probably take it in a minute! I sent you a PM with his phone number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts