My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
I have Personal Pace Model 20055 mower and it won't stop going forward when I pull it back, the wheels just bind, and I have to drag it back. I replaced the drive belt, and looked for obvious problems, but can't find anything. It seems the drive belt is a tad too small, but the original belt did the same thing. Is there some kind of clutch that lets the wheels spin so you can pull the mower backwards?
I took the bottom cover off the gear box and everything looked okay, I repacked the gears and put the cover back.

Thanks for your help
Lloyd

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Not sure how the mower is set up, does it have gears or drive on wheels or inside hub? Maybe something is stuck on?

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
When I serviced my parents model... Which used to belong to me the Personal Pace 20334. They mentioned that the lawn mower didn't go as fast as it used to. Your issue would be just the reverse it doesn't ever fully stop. There is an adjustment on the left arm of the handle..... right about mid-way down. I'm attaching a video from Toro that explains how to adjust.

How to Adjust Traction on Self Propel Lawn Mower | Yard Care

This should take care of it. If it doesn't then it might be what Eric is referring to. Try this and let us know what your findings are.

Thanks for the question! :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking too Eric. There isn't anything obvious that looked broke, so I'll look at the gear/axle parts.
Thanks
Lloyd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the video. I don't have one of those knobs on the side, but tomorrow I'll take a look at the cable and see if it can be adjusted.....A lot easier than taking the wheels and axles apart...........ESPECIALLY when you don't need to!

Thanks
Lloyd

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Thanks for the video. I don't have one of those knobs on the side, but tomorrow I'll take a look at the cable and see if it can be adjusted.....A lot easier than taking the wheels and axles apart...........ESPECIALLY when you don't need to!

Thanks
Lloyd
That is a pretty big oooops on my part :bag:

They don't have the knob either.... What they do have is a screw with a clamp that holds it in place. Looks something like this....

2012-05-16_214238_cable_adjust.jpg

2011-05-31_161208_5-31-2011_9-10-24_am.png

Tried my best to find a good picture or close up.... This is the best I could do. Since I don't have one myself to picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts