My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He asked us to repair a machine for him, he rode his other tractor he bought from us up and it died in our driveway! Now we got two to fix! :( Anyway, he gave us a snow blower. ARGH! It is so bad, think it might go straight into truck to scrap yard!
Took all three of us to drag it up road, about a block and a half from his house. One wheel kept walking out of shaft and both are flat.

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
pull the engine, tires, and gearbox off that pile and scrap the rest. gearbox is worth about 75 used, engine 100 after carb clean and oil change, tires and rims 10-15 bucks a piece. also, where is the sparkplug wire?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
43128, your guess is as good as mine! Pops was ticked at me. "Why you ask about that pile?? "
Oh well, God willing at least electric starter might be good??

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We junked it, the bottom was rusted through!! :( JUNK!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Boat Anchor

Just curious, why did y'all drag that boat anchor up the road? Wouldn't it fit in your trailer behind one of your mowers? I would have been tempted to push it in the ditch on the roadside,LOL. How much did you charge for the tow, I mean drag?

That poor thing looks like it just sat its whole life.

Chris

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Just curious, why did y'all drag that boat anchor up the road? Wouldn't it fit in your trailer behind one of your mowers? I would have been tempted to push it in the ditch on the roadside,LOL. How much did you charge for the tow, I mean drag?

That poor thing looks like it just sat its whole life.

Chris
I'd rather see new life be brought back into a machine than see it thrown away.

:2cents:

·
Registered
13 Posts
new lease on life

Austen, I hear you on fixing broken down machines. I have 6 trimmers and only bought 1. The rest were " dead " as given to me. They all run or ran great after some serious TLC.

I've read alot of Eric's posts over the last couple of years, as well as yours. I was trying to be funny about pushing it in the ditch. I've noticed Eric and his father are pretty resourceful so I found it a little amusing that he struggled to get the "boat anchor" to the house.

That blower actually looked like it had life in it , but I'm sure Eric made the correct decision. I'm amazed the way "people", ( not our kind of folks ) throw equipment away the first time the carb acts up or a tire goes flat, or it needs an oil change,LOL.

So, I hope I didn't step on any toes trying to be funny.

I have 2 push mowers that were at the curb for trash pickup that I picked up. The lady said it won't start. Took it home cleaned and gapped the plug. It fired up 1st pull. Plus it's a 22" cut which I like. It looked brand new, blade still had factory edge on it. The other 1 needed a bottom seal.Love those kind of deals.

I recycle just about everything. Type at you later.
Chris

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Austen, I hear you on fixing broken down machines. I have 6 trimmers and only bought 1. The rest were " dead " as given to me. They all run or ran great after some serious TLC.

I've read alot of Eric's posts over the last couple of years, as well as yours. I was trying to be funny about pushing it in the ditch. I've noticed Eric and his father are pretty resourceful so I found it a little amusing that he struggled to get the "boat anchor" to the house.

That blower actually looked like it had life in it , but I'm sure Eric made the correct decision. I'm amazed the way "people", ( not our kind of folks ) throw equipment away the first time the carb acts up or a tire goes flat, or it needs an oil change,LOL.

So, I hope I didn't step on any toes trying to be funny.

I have 2 push mowers that were at the curb for trash pickup that I picked up. The lady said it won't start. Took it home cleaned and gapped the plug. It fired up 1st pull. Plus it's a 22" cut which I like. It looked brand new, blade still had factory edge on it. The other 1 needed a bottom seal.Love those kind of deals.

I recycle just about everything. Type at you later.
Chris
:2th:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts