My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 82 years old with the stiffness and slow movement I'm entitled to. I live on a very small farm in South Dakota but since 2010 my wife of 60 years and I go to eastern Tennessee for the winters. I'm a retired Naval Aviator. When I got my Wings of Gold they told me "You are now a Naval Aviator and you can do anything!" They were right too! My major interest at present (besides girl watching) is wood working. We have 5 children. 8 grandchildren and one great grandson. Most of my projects are toys and furniture for kids and a few furniture type items for our church. Most of my wood is reclaimed stuff that I am constantly watching for. I'm also using quite few tools that belonged to my wife's grandfather, including his forge and anvil and tap and die set and numerous wrenches. I'm living proof that old doesn't mean useless. For yard equipment I owns an Ariens ZTR, A Murray riding mower some might call a tractor, an old Allis-Chalmers 207 with snowblower and mower deck, a Toro LX500 mower, a 1940 Farmall H carrying a 72 inch mower deck, a 1941 Massey Harris 81 (retired from the mower deck business) that was purchased new by my father-in-law in Benson, MN, a 196? JD 3010 w/loader that I mount a 72 inch snowblower on and a potload of pushmowers that just seem to gravitate to my shed and numerous small engines that any farm accumulates. I'll need help later with the Toro LX500.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Ahoy Old Opa, welcome aboard & a big, THANKS, for Your Service to our Country!

Nice intro!!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Welcome to MLF Old Opa, and thanks for sharing your introduction. Sounds like you're living a full and rewarding life!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLF! Thanks for joining!!

Thank you for the nice intro! It sounds like you are very involved and love life! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!! Sounds like you have quite the work force!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service! Glad to have you on the site, and I hope you get a kick out of being here. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
What a joyous welcome I offer you !!! God Bless You, and I hope you enjoy your time here. I am new here,and it's been a pleasure spending the time I can,learning and enjoying what this fantastic site has to offer. My name is Mike,in New Jersey, just turned 60,just recently retired, and thankful for people like you to let me know,this is just my next chapter : )
My Dad was a Tin Can Sailer.....spent 7+years in Our Navy...... Thank you for all you did for us !!! Again enjoy !!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
What a joyous welcome I offer you !!! God Bless You, and I hope you enjoy your time here. I am new here,and it's been a pleasure spending the time I can,learning and enjoying what this fantastic site has to offer. My name is Mike,in New Jersey, just turned 60,just recently retired, and thankful for people like you to let me know,this is just my next chapter : )
My Dad was a Tin Can Sailer.....spent 7+years in Our Navy...... Thank you for all you did for us !!! Again enjoy !!!
:ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts