My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new on the forum, so bear with me. This is a 1951 or 1952 Lawn Boy which my dad bought for $99.00 in PA. I do not know if it will run or not, ran the last time I used it 10 or 15 years ago. As you can see it has a piece out of the casing and the left front wheel casing was cracked & my dad put a steel bracket inside & it worked fine after that repair. I have the service manual & operating instructions for the mower and the Iron Horse motor. The mower is a Model 8FH10LB. If anybody has additional info on this mower I would appreciate it. I am planning on selling it, put I have know idea what it is worth. If anybody has any idea what it is work, let me know. I do have a few more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm thinkin it's 1952 or 1953, by 1954 the hole in the deck (engine mount) was bigger, what does your manuals say?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old lawn boy mower - ADDITIONAL INFO

I am very sure it is a 1953 Model 8EH10LB mower manufactured by RPM Manufacturing Company and has an Iron Horse motor made by RPM and the gas tank strap is stamped with MOD A10 SER 001152. I just need to decide what to sell it for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am very sure it is a 1953 Model 8EH10LB mower manufactured by RPM Manufacturing Company and has an Iron Horse motor made by RPM and the gas tank strap is stamped with MOD A10 SER 001152. I just need to decide what to sell it for.
just so you know, the a series ironhorse engines were made by powerproducts (tecumseh), might want to check e-bay for completed listings for a guesstimate price guide for value, i know the bricktops are really going up, i just paid a good sum for a unrestored one, but should be an easy restore.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts