My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this old non-running hra 215 sxa for $50 at a garage sale. I had spark, compression but no fuel. I pulled the carb, gave it a good cleaning, re-installed and it started but was WIDE OPEN running. So I bought a China carb and put it on. Starts just fine but as soon as I go anywhere below Rabbit, it shuts down just like if I put it to Stop. Any ideas out there?? New to Hondas!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I picked this old non-running hra 215 sxa for $50 at a garage sale. I had spark, compression but no fuel. I pulled the carb, gave it a good cleaning, re-installed and it started but was WIDE OPEN running. So I bought a China carb and put it on. Starts just fine but as soon as I go anywhere below Rabbit, it shuts down just like if I put it to Stop. Any ideas out there?? New to Hondas!!
Update!! Problem solved. It turns out I had Turtle but no Rabbit. I had the Idle set real high. Turns out all I had to do was slightly adjust the Governor post coming out of the engine. A slight (and I do mean slight) turn counter clockwise gave me my Rabbit. I also gave the choke arm a slight bend forward and now I've got full choke, Rabbit, Turtle and everything in between and Stop. That old girl runs like a new one now..........well mostly. I'm also giving the inside of that little engine a good cleaning. 4/5 motor oil and 1/5 Marvel Mystery Oil. I ran it for about 3 hrs. and then drained it, black as a moonless night, really nasty. I refilled it with the same mixture and will run it a bit longer this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts