My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The banker(my wife) says its time to get out the Christmas lights "outside" She has had the inside done since Thanksgiving. Am I the only Guy doing this chore?
I agreed to do this IF she would make me some homemade Chile tonight. Nobody gets nothin for nothin from me.:ROFL

·
Super Moderator
6,149 Posts
I hung those "icicle" lights up on our house and one of those lighted snowmen in the yard today. So I go out with a sweatshirt on and wind up sweating like a preacher at an August tent revival. The wife just thought I was cleaning the gutters. Well, she has been under the weather the past week, so she was probably napping most of the time I was out there, so I don't blame her. 57° on the 2nd of December! I'm afraid the plastic snowman is going to melt.

I waited until it got dark to take the picture. It just didn't look right without snow.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Got most of ours done last weekend, some lights, a few cutouts that I made & the inflatables.

As for the chili, I'd rather make it myself! ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I cant do mine, I'm having my entire roof replaced next week, so maybe next weekend I may put them up

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Nice work guys, looks great!

Mom and sis got the inside decorated today. Now we just have to get a tree...

·
Administrator
6,296 Posts
Seems like either rain or I find something else to do more pressing that changes my plans for doing anything outside. I don't put up near as many lights as I used to. Can't reach the top of the pine trees any more for one thing so I gave up on them. More pain then it is worth to put the star up on the 30' antenna tower anymore. Also seems like we either get a big wind storm or ice storm followed by cold temps and then taking the stuff back down is an issue with everything frozen solid. I now mainly stick to the covered front and back porch and candles inside the windows. Our electric rates next to doubling over the last several years is making me more of a Grinch too given my income has went in the opposite direction. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.