My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember I brought this topic up last fall...Walmart "out of stock" on Lawn Tractor batteries...Most responded the reason was "theyre seasonal"...will return in spring...Well...talked with store mgr today...No...they are no longer carrying motorcycle, atv, nor lawn tractor batteries...said maybe some districts will continue...so I drove to two other Walmart super stores...Nope...shelves already re-labled...No tractor batteries...Yikes
lawn tractor battery - Walmart.com

Sure gonna miss that $19.87 cheap one...nothing close to that price from competitors...and it always was a selling point when flipping a tractor...
Would be curious if anyone else finds them available still..?

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I did notice all 4 of the super Wal-marts that are within driving distance to me have stocked their isle with a pallet of lawn mower batteries. Last year the price increased to $29.97 for us but it's still a bargain compared to Lowe's, Sears, or the auto parts store.

I will also note that they are no longer carried on the rolling shelf in the actual customer waiting area in the Tire & Lube Express part. They just have 3 series of automotive batteries. This might be what you were referring to about seasonal. We'll see :dunno:

But you're definitely onto something! Curious to see what anybody else has to say about this.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Thank God ours still have them!! We need a couple more right now!

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Registered
158 Posts
We still have them in Western Connecticut!!
Because We are all charged up to be
Home of the 4 time NCAA Womens Basketball Champs!!!:cool:cool
;)
Hey Suspic What state are you in??

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suspicion is in central NJ....2 of my Walmart super stores each confirmed they will no longer be carrying any other battery besides car batteries...3 rd Walmart within driving distance does not have any either...just some left over motorcycle batteries on clearance...One dept manager said he was told Walmart demographics computer decided that this region has less 'users' of Do-it-yourself maintenance items...and heard northern districts [in NY state for example], may continue..I sorta think it's shelf space, they are stocking those $48 made in China, car batteries, duplicate to the Ever-Start series, and that was where the ATV, tractor, etc batteries were kept..... .Yes..I will miss that low cost tractor battery...cuz even when a competitor has on sale ...just not close..!

·
Registered
650 Posts
my local Walmart ...plenty of the 19 dollars batteries along with atv , motorcycle batteries also ....asked the sales clerck he said as far as he knows they should have them as usual but would the sales person know whats down the road

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update:
note: I just went to Walmart website, and see lots of lawnmower batteries.. so I am confused if they stopped selling them... the websites shows they still sell them..
=====================
I just bought anew John Deere D160 Lawn tractor from Lowes. With a quick look I noticed the battery has a sticker/label that says John Deere.
I think it said 190 CCA. About 2 short years ago, I bought a new Mower battery from Walmart, I think it is 220 CCA.
I would have thought the JD D160 with 25 HP would use more CCA. I have not spent enough time reading details, I just got the JD lawn tractor and used it only one time so far.

Even though the brand new battery in the JD D160 is new, the battery I bought in 2014, and was used in an old Ariens riding lawn mower with 10HP, until a few months ago.
That is when I retired the old riding lawn mower, and just got the new John Deere 2 days ago.
So, I wonder if the new battery (I don't know the actual brind that JD put their sticker on, or details yet.) that came with the new John Deere
is good enough, 190 CCA seems low, but I haven't studied up on my new JD D160 yet. Since it has a few eletrical accessories, like Electrical PTO,
headlights, Electric Start, and probably many more accessories that I don't know about, I wonder if they cheaped out with a battery that just makes
the juice needed, but no more margin for extras.
Thoughts?

Sad about Walmart stopping the sale of products we like
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Not here. Still selling batteries! I'm their biggest customer! Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts