My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is what my evening has been like

and is going to be like. Tornado warning after tornado warning :confused:

Hey did I mention I live in the Sunshine State?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mark, we fared alright (just the wet stuff) but our neighboring counties in the North East caught the worst of it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like a good excuse for a Hurricane Party :party
Seriously though, we have friends and family in Fla and keep everyone in the storms path in our prayers. Batten the hatches and stay safe.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Bruce, What town do you live in??

That entrie area was my second home all my years growing up, spent about 6-7 weeks each summer around there and a few other weeks throughout the year

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
Hope all is well and safe!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, everything went fine hear, thank you Austen. There were some folks who didn't fare so well to the east, so well keep them in our prayers. Fortunately there were no reported death or injuries from the twisters.

·
Administrator
6,272 Posts
Mark, Where In Ohio are you?

I'm near Cleveland and we have gotten less than a dusting all year...

-Cap
I'm SE of Columbus about 20 mile as the crow flies. So far We've only had a light dusting during the overnight hours and that was several weeks ago. Had a couple rounds of snow today. Came down pretty heavy but only lasted a few minutes and melted on contact like last night. It was really closer to being sleet then it was snow today.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Why, that would be the greater metropolitan area of " Howey in the Hills". :D

North of Clermont and South of Leesburg
Ahhh we would stay off of 27, in a campground near Weston Hills, one in Davenport, and cant leave out the one at the Mouse's House, Fort Wilderness. I know whole Kissimmee/St Cloud area like I lived there

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'm SE of Columbus about 20 mile as the crow flies. So far We've only had a light dusting during the overnight hours and that was several weeks ago. Had a couple rounds of snow today. Came down pretty heavy but only lasted a few minutes and melted on contact like last night. It was really closer to being sleet then it was snow today.
Yeah, frankly I wish we had got more snow, it would be nice if we had a white Christmas....

However, Mr Global warming has other ideas.... :dunno:

-Stan

·
Administrator
6,272 Posts
Yeah, frankly I wish we had got more snow, it would be nice if we had a white Christmas....

However, Mr Global warming has other ideas.... :dunno:

-Stan
I'm not writing off a white Christmas yet. There is a lot of cold air not all that far away from us North & West and still time for it to get here.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'm not writing off a white Christmas yet. There is a lot of cold air not all that far away from us North & West and still time for it to get here.
Awesome Gif's, I wish they were on the forum...

Yeah I guess I was slightly small minded, I did hear somewhere that there might be some snow on Christmas eve... I'm not sure though.

However, today is a unusually nice day and I have taken it upon myself to go outside and polish my Lawn-Boys................... I'm strange... :bag:

-Stan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks 'ryder. Your family isn't in the Volusia county area are they?
Sorry for the delay, the shop, birthdays of others and BBQ have kept me tied up. Most are in the Panama City Beach area, a couple in Pensacola, and more further east around Mobile Al. and then lower Mississippi.. In fact, a cousin was supposed to sign escrow on some kind of historic house on a beach in MS when the warning about Katrina came out. She took for high ground and decided to sign after the storm.....after the storm there was no house. Could of lost a bundle on that deal, unfortunately whoever owned it lost out :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.