My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gentlemen! I am new to the forum. I have a Poulan Pro mower from about 2006. I have had zero issues until recently. I replaced the blade a few weeks ago and it filled up my mower with oil. The air filter had quite a bit of oil in it, the carb is right by the air filter so I believe that it also has oil in it. The engine is running really crappy. I have tried to run some cleaners through the gas and all I get is reving and I can tell a huge lack of power. I believe I need to clean out the carb, but wanted to know if there was anything else I need to be looking at to clean and or replace. The last time I took off the blade for sharpening, nothing like this happened.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum, KingZeke!

Is this a walk behind or ride on mower?

I'd be suspicious of the crankcase vent/vacuum siphoning oil into your intake. This is just a guess, but it would explain many things, including poor performance.

Has it been difficult to start since discovering all of the oil in the breather? Removing and inspecting the carburetor is a good place to start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark and thanks. This is a walk behind, power rear wheels. It has easy start, meaning I just pull back on the choke, it starts right up and slowly lets the choke out on its own. It sputters a little, what I notice most is the rpm going up and down and the lack of power. Normally once the choke is off, the mower is quite powerful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
:howdy::welcome: to MLF. First things first, what engine do you have and what are the numbers off of it. Briggs usually have a model/type/code stamped on the blower housing somewhere. Tecumseh usually have a label with the model and spec number. This information will go a long way in helping pinpoint your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts