My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am a newbie and a beginner I want to purchase a good lawn mover. I recently moved into a new home (first-time homeowner)..looking for a lawn mower. I have a lawn of about 0.1 acres, yeah not too big. There are many options on different online websites, I am reading different reviews on amazon where Honda is all the way. I am confused. Can anyone suggest to me a reasonable lawn mower? My budget is 500-1000$.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi all, I am a newbie and a beginner I want to purchase a good lawn mover. I recently moved into a new home (first-time homeowner)..looking for a lawn mower. I have a lawn of about 0.1 acres, yeah not too big. There are many options on different online websites, I am reading different reviews on amazon where Honda is all the way. I am confused. Can anyone suggest to me a reasonable lawn mower? My budget is 500-1000$.
With that budget, purchase a top-of-the-line Honda and never look back... My Honda HR214 is 40 years young and works like new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do not buy a Home Depot Honda of recent vintage HRR series like I did. Expensive and they have a real problem on the rear axle that the company hasn’t done a recall on as they should. Multiple owner failures reported. And the self propelled speed it’s too fast and a PITA to adjust. Causes rear wheels to lock up when pulling back on the self-propelled. I don’t know what to advise. Consider this one data point in your search.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If this is your only gas run yard machine, consider the newer battery operated self-propelled units. I have a Kobalt and a Ryobi and love them both. Strong, quiet, rugged and no gas\oil to ever fool with. Very ggod units in the $500 range. There are youtubes that compare different models. Even an 18v Makita scores very well. Keep this in mind, never power wash one to clean it.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to hear the HRR is discontinued. Meanwhile the given model at a big box store might be the same as the local hardware store, but there have been widely circulated reports about poor set ups done by the big box stores and poor storage, like out in the rain, which can lead to disappointment. In any event the main point here is they got rid of the crappy HRR model. Good riddance.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Meanwhile the given model at a big box store might be the same as the local hardware store, but there have been widely circulated reports about poor set ups done by the big box stores and poor storage, like out in the rain, which can lead to disappointment.
Yup, when buying Hondas at the big-box stores (not that I do), I would want them still in the box. I'll handle the assembly, thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts