My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I'm new to the group and was glad to find you. I live in Panama City, FL and I've been restoring/reclaiming small Garden Tractors and commercial ZTR and golf course mowers for about 10 years as a hobby. Mostly John Deere stuff but have also had some Exmark, Toro, Hustler, Scag and others. I mostly like to work on the JD 400 series but have done a lot of the old 300 series as well. It all started in 2003 with an old JD 316. After that one I stepped up to several 318s, a 322, three 332s, a 345 and a 275 for a neighbor. Later I found a 425 that I really liked so I concentrated on the 425, 445 and 455 models for a few years. I really like the 332 and 455 diesels. My favorite was a 2210 with a loader and 54" belly mower.

My latest effort is a JD F735 front mower with a 60" 7-Iron deck powered by a Yanmar 2V78 V-Twin water cooled diesel. I'll be starting a thread looking for advice on the issues I'm having with this mower shortly.

I look forward to hearing from some of you who are familiar with the Yanmar diesel. Thanks.

Mike

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLF, Mike!

You obviously have quite a bit of experience with the JD garden tractor line up. A lot of those models were considered cream of the crop at their time, and still are for some!

Let us know your specific questions and we'll do the best that we can to help.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome Mike, sounds like you will absolutely fit in! :2th: We look forward to seeing some pics of them restores if you can. :pics: I also think we have a resident Yanmar guy who drops in from time to time who may offer up some advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts