My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - bought an XT1 LT46 (22hp Kohler) yesterday with 0.3 hours on the meter for $1100. Previous owner bought it earlier this year but is moving to an acreage in TX and needed something bigger.

Are there any opinions here on these mowers or is it still too early to tell? Wondering if there are things I need to look out for or common upgrades to make.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of XT reviews out there apart from what's on the CC website, which I take with a grain of salt. What I've read so far say these are an upgrade from the previous models, but I don't have any experience with those to know the difference.

Normally, I would have done more research but it was a craigslist sale and mowers have been moving fast around here. I figured even if I have second thoughts I could get my money or more back out of it. :dunno:

Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
The new Cubs are a bit different from the old ones, but not drastically so. I don't think there are any owners here on the site, but you never know. In terms of mechanicals, they're similar to the last gen Cubs. The transmission is still the light-duty K46, so don't haul anything heavy with it. I believe the engine is the new Kohler 7000, which appears to be an evolution of the infamous Courage; I sure hope they've addressed some of the issues that plagued the Courage. Other than those considerations, I don't see why this tractor shouldn't be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

You're right about the transmission and motor (Kohler 7000). I understand neither has the greatest reputation for durability, but this will be a dedicated mower on only 1/2 acre residential lot. There are some inclines between flat areas, but those are too short and steep to use this on without scalping the crest so those will be push mowed anyway.

Honestly, this mower is more than I really need, but I couldn't pass up the deal. Took my mowing time from 2+ hours down to 45 minutes, so I'm already impressed.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Congrats on the new LT! Be sure to show it off when you get the time.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
:ditto: We want pictures!!!! :pics: As far as reviews... Here is a link with a reivew/reviews that have been going on for some time...

2015 Cub Cadet XT Enduro - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

You should be stuck on that thread for a while... I really enjoy mine. I decided to go through a dealer for repair support and the main fact that it came available with the Kawasaki motor. :2th:

Hope you enjoy your new ride and don't forget about us here if you have any questions or need some help.... That's my :2cents:

P.S. WE WANT SOME :pics:

Reactions: cam_1100

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We want pictures!!!! As far as reviews... Here is a link with a reivew/reviews that have been going on for some time...
Lol...ok,ok. I'll get some pictures posted soon.

Thanks for the link! I actually joined MTF before I realized this was a separate forum, then came right over here.
Don't know how I missed that thread but I'll grab some popcorn and settle in for a good read!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snapped a one over lunch. Bought it used and I've already tripled the hours that were on it when I brought it home. It's got 1.0 hours now....

I know it's near the bottom of the line, but it should easily do what I need. I'd like to get a bagger for it. Unfortunately, it looks like older versions won't fit these models and I don't want to pay for a new one. Maybe if I can find a good deal on a used one I can make some modifications...or just get a mulch kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found another one from when I brought it home. Just barely fits my 4-foot wide trailer. With the chute up, one side of the deck or the other just brushes the inside of the trailer rails. In other words...perfect fit!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Now that's one fine piece of machinery!!! :ThumbUp: Thanks for sharing some of that eye candy! :pics: We appreciate the pics as well. Looking forward to some more feedback as you continue to break it in and get more use our of it. :2th:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts