My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going over my NEW x310 with a fine tooth comb , I still have 2 weeks left on the 30 day return.

Anyway I just noticed the hood does not close properly, see my utube link.
Is this normal? Can it be adjusted? Forget about it ?

As you can see one side is perfect the other I have to push it in to close.

Thanks!

Link:

jdx310.MOV - YouTube

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Looks like it is warped a bit. Any adjustment to the hinges (if it's possible) to bring the one side in would probably flair the other side out. You could look at similar models on the dealer floor and see if the fit and finish is any better on them. If they all are a little off, having the dealer order a replacement hood might not achieve any better results.

Worst thing about letting it go is you might get a rattle and some paint wear in the spot where is does not close completely. If it is something that is going to bug you every time you look at it, now is the prime time to get it checked out under warranty before they can claim you have had time to set something heavy on the hood or got it hot somehow to cause the problem. ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I second all of Mark's points.

Especially look at other new X310's at the dealership and compare. This way if they're different and their hoods fit better, you've got an even better reputable case. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed!!

Fixed!!!!!

I fixed the hood issue. :) myself!

I pressed lightly on the side of the hood in the front "where the bracket is" and it closed properly. I then removed the 3 screws holding the side of the hood bracket and slightly bent the bracket inward and reinstalled the screws.

Hood closes properly now.

The problem wasn't the actual hood itself but the bracket holding it on.

Thanks to all who responded

PS--Even called JD Corp. ----they had no clue either----Strange.

Stashu

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Awesome! Good to hear you fixed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts