My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw an organized shed on here and it made me want to dream a little. I am currently putting an oversized workbench in my shed along with pegboard, compressor and other goodies. The workbench is 4x9 and almost complete. Time will tell since I cant work on it any more until at least Monday when it is dry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
She looks to be nice and sturdy. We'll expect to see many years of projects pictured on that bench now, you know. :cool Nothing like getting things organized and having a place for everything. Efficiency at its best! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
The bench looks great! Now to get it all cluttered like ours! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's great, always nice to have some space to spread out a project. :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly my way of thinking. :)
I am not one of the "put it away as soon as you are done using it" type of guys. I leave it out for the simple reason if I put it away, I will waste five minutes digging it back out of the toolbox/parts bin again in the next two minutes.

I still have lots of storage underneath and above when I get my shelves installed. In addition, I will have a second tier of "storage" for handy things when I am not able to work in the shed such as bags of salt, charged batteries for the drill/driver/grinder etc...

Now all I have to do is complete it and organize my shed.......Ill make sure to update when I get it done.......SEE YA NEXT YEAR SOMETIME!!!!
Just kidding. I will try and get it done this coming week if it doesn't rain. I don't want it to rain on my plywood.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
We'll be waiting for the next installment of "Shed Organization" :ROFL
:sorry::bag:

Hey, 10 years later and I'm still working on getting my garage perfected..... Hmmm, ah yes, :idea: retirement project :cool

·
1,329 Posts
awesome work bench, sturdy looking! I used the daylites out of those metal corner supports on this last porch deck that I built. No over kill when it comes to a work area.:ThumbUp:
PS, attaching to the wall is a great idea ,I think, = even more sturdy!.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
It looks like a great bench for your shed. You have a lot of tools in that shed and I assume you have ac power because you mentioned a compressor. A small bench grinder would look good on that bench!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like a great bench for your shed. You have a lot of tools in that shed and I assume you have ac power because you mentioned a compressor. A small bench grinder would look good on that bench!
No power.....YET. That's one of the reasons for the workbench. I figured if I get all the extra tools, things I don't need (GF's potting stuff and tools) and the "what the heck is this and why is it in HERE" things taken care of and/or thrown away I could run electric. I would have heat, AC and power for tools down the road. (Heck, I could even sleep on the workbench with a futon mattress should...ahem....the need arise.

My brother and I got the two shelves installed Monday. Now to put the side panels on and start organizing. A few more pics are coming soon.:pics::pics:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts