1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Hello Jon and welcome to MLF! I've seen those before and unless someone else jumps in I'll see if I can find where I have a picture of one of those. You should be able to post a picture. Just use the advanced reply window and click on the paper clip (attachments) and follow the prompts. Just make sure the picture is not to big. You can also use the insert image icon on the top of the message box. It will open and you can insert the image address into it as well.
FP

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Jon, it reminds me of this one,

Its a model 95 Electric. Is your's electric?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FP,

Thanks for the reply. No, it is a Gas mower, but it looks like that. What does the 95 on the side of it signify?

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Thats the model, I may have found some other info that I'll post shortly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As it turns out, it is a model 55, not an 85.

With a 5 HP Tecumseh. The carb is a blob of electrolisis. But some carb cleaner sprayed in it, and it started.

Where do you find the Carb #?

The engine numbers are as follows

TVM125 60246P C

DOM 4165 D

Tractor Model number 55 GA

IH Data plate Number 0300006U017831

Thanks,

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
The carb# is usually on the base of the flange or stamped/etched into the body of the carb.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Five points, thanks for the info, I found a NOS carb online, and it is on the way.

Here are the long awated pics.

Well, I will try the pictures again later, I get a error now.

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Have you found any literature on your 55, I've been doing some digging too and found out a little more about these rer's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Five points,

Not any that I have in hand, just bits and pieces online.

Thanks,

Jon

What do I have to do to post pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well,
I finally got some work done on my 55, When I got it cleaned up a bit, I noticed that the output shaft was out of line. So I thought well, I will open the transmission and either get a bushing, or make one. Well, it had more problems once I got it opened. Two of the gears are broken. The ones that connect the two shafts together with the chain.

Anyone have a parts transmission?

Thanks.

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Welcome to MLMF Jon. That Cub is pretty interesting. I always thought they looked like race cars with that body work on them.:cool

Keep the posts coming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Five Points,

I haven't found any numbers. The only cast info is the word Foote and a patent number.

From what I have found online, it is either a dana spicer or a peerless.

It is from what I can tell, the same one that it illistrated in one of the other cadet 55 threads here.

I will get some pics tomorrow or the next day.

bwdbrn1,

Thanks, I think it is really cool as well. I was really bummed out when I found the broken parts in the transmission. The rest of the mechanicals are in such good shape.

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Jon, without having a parts manual I believe the trannys are the same in the 55, 60, 75 and 95. I believe the 60 does not have a neutral safety switch though. I'm putting together some info on the tranny for you that I will post shortly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Five Points,

That is great info, I already had the exploded view pic, but the rest of the manual with all of the specs is a wonderful thing.

I need a part # 5, 25, & 27. from the exploded view numbers.

Thanks again.

Jon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts